Discovery House offers two supportive living recovery homes for men located in Penticton, BC, offering 6 live-in recovery beds at our Wade Ave. location and 12 recovery beds at our new Winnipeg St. location.
Operated by the Penticton Resource Recovery Society (PRRS), we have been helping men to find their path to recovery from drug & alcohol addiction for over 10 years and have helped over 300 men change their lives and be restored to their families and communities as productive members of society.
Discovery House offers a peer based, holistic recovery approach employing a 12 step philosophy combined with Life Skills training along with the most up to date evidence based treatments.
Peer support and Community Involvement are the cornerstones of our program. The program offered is a 90 day open ended program that can be extended for up to one year.
Client Supported Programming and Referrals include assistance in the following areas:
- Addiction Recovery Services
- Food & Nutrition
- Physical/Mental Health & Wellness incl. Medical Services)
- Peer Supported Mentorship
- Financial & Employment Services
- Education (Technical, Vocational, Post-Secondary, GED, Literacy)
- Individual Counselling & Group Support
- Social & Recreational Opportunities
- Harm Reduction (Opiate Substitution Therapies, Education,
- Criminal Justice (Court conditions, Probation, Parole, Restorative Justice)
- Culture & Spirituality
- Family Restoration
- Life Skills Training